While there are several printing options, I believe hardbound custom printed is the best:
1. It’s cheaper than printing your own.
2. More permanent inks (with some companies)
3. Your books are saved on someone else’s system—not just yours.
4. Takes up less space on your shelf.
The drawbacks are:
1. No page protectors
2. You can’t change the order of the pages once it’s printed.
I choose to scrap my stories and print them through http://www.cherishbound.com/ . Their prices are reasonable. Not the cheapest, but close. I like their guarantees. I have had a problem with a couple of books and both were replaced. I’ve reordered “old” books. I LOVE their full bleed photo cover. So far I’ve been satisfied. Their system for designing a book is second to none—or you can use Photoshop and design your own.
I print enough books to meet my “minimum order”, so I’m not motivated to hold CB parties. I’m more than happy to help you get your publishing coupons and will be happy to offer you a “deal”.