....

Don't miss another freebie, sale, or special announcement!
Use the newsletter sign-up forms right over there --->
Pick the one that fits your interests: Regular newsletter or CU only.

Monday, December 14, 2009

Memory Spark Monday

Hello all, this is Liz and I am in a holiday mood.  I remember growing up and always looking forward to the holidays.  As a kid, my focus was always on the wish list.  What would Santa bring me this year?  Now at the ripe old age of 29 (almost 30) I can only remember a handful of Christmas presents (books, a bicycle, and a keyboard).  But what really sticks with me are holiday traditions and the family fun that we had every year.  I remember my grandfather doing “Mail Call” with the Christmas cards for all the family.  He would say everyone’s full name as he would hand them out.  And he would always get my Aunt Janice a card with a beautiful Christmas tree on the front which was always the joke that she was trying to get her tree to look identical to the picture.  And inside my card he would always sign it “Fank” which was my nickname for him since I was about 3 or 4.  I love remembering those memories of the holidays.  The obscene amounts of food cooked, the Monopoly tournaments, and the Coke can pyramids.  I challenge you to think beyond the material trappings of the holidays and reflect upon the special and unique things about your family that made the holidays so special.  A special dessert or an aunt that always burned the potatoes.  Think about it.  Happy a great day and I should be back on Thursday with a new sneak peek. 

No comments:

Post a Comment