....

Don't miss another freebie, sale, or special announcement!
Use the newsletter sign-up forms right over there --->
Pick the one that fits your interests: Regular newsletter or CU only.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Saturday Standouts & CT Spotlight

Emma (hobbes130) here with this week's Saturday standouts and CT Spotlight!!

This adorable 2-page layout by Bethanny caught my eye I was drawn to the blocking and how perfect the kit (A Name and A Blessing) was for the gorgeous photographs.
I am always drawn to storytelling layouts, probably because my own journaling skills leave a lot to be desired. This Halloween layout by Heather (snowdrop) is so creative I love it!
Remember to upload all of your layouts using Chelle's awesome kits to her gallery here at ScrapMatters. Who knows, you may be spotlighted next!!

Now on to my CT spotlight: Jenn (jk703). I just love Jenn's layouts; her photographs are always beautiful, her compositions are wonderfully balanced and she has the most amazing shadows. I got to ask Jenn three questions and here is what she said.
1. Why did you start digi scrapping?
I was a demonstrator for a stamp company, and scrapped paper layouts since 2000...Then after my wedding, kids, and everything I didn't have any time or space. So, I tried to digiscrap in 2004. UGH! I hated it and couldn't figure out the program! I stopped. This past New Years, I decided I would try again. I took an online basic PSE class, and I was off running...haven't stopped yet!
2. Where do you digi scrap?
I scrap in my living room, where we hang out most of the time! I had the computer in the basement, but I totally felt isolated because I am on it ALL the time! LOL! So the move to the living room has been great! I can scrap, play with my kids, or watch tv...
3. What kind of camera and computer program do you use?
I have a Nikon D40X DSLR and a Nikon Point and Shoot S550...both are a couple of years old...but I LOVE them! I scrap on an iMac...love that too...and I started with PSE8 and just recently got PhotoShop CS5...so far, so good!

Jenn's most recent layout using Chelle's products is this amazing 2 pager using
All Hallow's Eve. This kit is currently Jenn's favorite product by Chelle, she says "it was so easy to work with and such great ellies and papers! "

Jenn's all time favorite layout using Chelle's products is this gorgeous page 'sweetness' created with Bugcatcher.
Thanks so much for sharing with us Jenn. It was great getting to know you better!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun surprise to see my layout featured here! So exciting -- thanks! (Thanks to Chelle, too, for participating in that blogtrain and creating such a beautiful addition!)

    ReplyDelete