....

Don't miss another freebie, sale, or special announcement!
Use the newsletter sign-up forms right over there --->
Pick the one that fits your interests: Regular newsletter or CU only.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Hybrid Highlights


Hi, everyone, and Happy November! Tracy (sunshinetk) here with a really fun little hybrid project and mini-tutorial for you. I absolutely love to make up a bunch of these little hot chocolate mix bags and have them on hand as quick little thank yous to use over the winter. And the hot chocolate recipe is so yummy!

I used Chelle's kit Day by Day: January mini-kit to make this set. The image is linked to her store:


First, I have a template freebie for you so all you have to do is clip in your papers, print, cut and assemble. The template looks like this and you can download .psd file HERE.  If you need .png files, then download it here.

Once I clipped in my papers, my print file looks like this:

I cut out all the elements and ended up with pieces that look like this:


Then I used a bone folder to score along the dotted lines and a regular hole punch to punch on the four Xs. I filled plastic bags with the dry mix for a wonderful hot cocoa recipe - the mix is
* 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 1 pinch salt
and the directions for completion are: Boil 1/3 cup water and add mix. Simmer and stir for 2-3 minutes. Add 3 1/2 cups milk and heat until very hot (but do not boil). Makes 4 cups.

Assembly is super easy! Fold up the bag and staple the top of your cocoa mix between your punched holes so the ribbon covers it up.

Tie your ribbon and you're all done! Hope you've enjoyed this super easy tutorial.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great template and instructions Tracy, if nothing else I'll have to try that recipe I love hot chocolate! That kit is perfect for making that adorable project too! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for teacher gifts. Thanks for the instructions, Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your freebies. Link on your post was added to PickleMouse freebie list

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I can only use png images in my program though. Is it possible for you to make the psd files as png file clipping masks ,so that I may use them too?? I would really like to have this project!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too Cute!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scarlet,

    Tracy is having computer issues right now, but she wanted to make sure you got the pngs. I posted the links in the original post.

    Thanks!
    --Chelle

    ReplyDelete